Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Movement

Today was monumental for me -- as I finally had a post-surgery "movement." Won't go into details, but suffice to say it wasn't easy. After four days worth of maximum dosage of colace, one dose of Mirolax and an enema, the movement happened.

Hard to believe my surgery was a week ago tomorrow. I continue to be humbled by all the acts of kindness by my friends and family. It is such a great help to my recovery to know I have so much support.

I'm feeling good for the most part. I get tired very quickly, but I'm told Percocet will do that to you. The pain is definitely manageable. I’m limited in my activities, but I can tell what I can and can’t do based on whether or not my incision hurts when I do it. I've been walking with my mom every night and went grocery shopping with her yesterday.

The parents' new townhome in Waukee has been a great place for recovery. It is so peaceful here. It's also fun to help them get settled in.

Even though they live right off of Hickman Road (U.S. highway 6) in Waukee, the family that lives behind them hasn't given into urban development. They have chickens, ducks and turkeys running all over their property -- so we get all the sounds of living on a farm, in addition to all the traffic sounds of Hickman Road. Reminds me of Green Acres ...

Speaking of vintage TV, the Partridge Family DVD marathon started yesterday. Thanks to Marie Callas for sharing her DVD collection with me.

So far I've watched episodes 1-9. Watched an episode yesterday where Farrah Fawcett plays a "pretty girl." Can't wait to see the episode with Bobby Sherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment